Hello Bethany — I am Pastor Kayla!
I am looking forward to being with you in worship on July 3rd. My ministry began leading Sunday School at Gordonville United Methodist Church as a Young Adult and assisting with Youth Group. I have served in different ministry roles both volunteer and paid from then until I went to seminary in 2014. My undergrad degree from Northwood University is in Banking, Finance and Management. Before going to seminary, I worked at Dow Chemical for a combined 8 years in the plant, where I was responsible for overseeing policies surrounding Document & Records management for the businesses I supported. I began Pastoral Ministry in November of 2015, serving a small congregation on the south side of Midland while I was still in seminary at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary. When I graduated in 2017, I was appointed July 1, 2017 to Freeland United Methodist Church where I am now saying farewell as I prepare to serve God and the people of Clio alongside of you!
Facts about me:
- I enjoy spending time in God’s creation — camping, biking, and walking
- Not sure how to pronounce my last name? As my elementary school choir teacher said – like the wine! What do I prefer to be called? You can call me Pastor Kayla or PK are both fine.
- I am the youngest of three. I have two older brothers (Scott and Ryan) who live on the west side of the state with their spouses and children, close to my parents who moved there in February of 2019 to be closer to my niece and 3 nephews (Ellie 9, Ben 7, Weston 7, Garrett 5). I enjoy spending any time I can get with them!
- Foods I don’t like: bananas, raspberries, blueberries, shellfish (allergy), olives (black or green), beans.
- Two habits I picked up in seminary are sipping tea (hot or cold) and coloring.
- I LOVE office supplies. . . particularly pens, journals/notebooks and post-its!
- I love connecting with children and youth — they bring me great joy and keep me young!
Until we meet face to face in July — I am holding you in prayer as you say farewell and blessings upon Pastor Cathi’s journey to retirement. Be well!