What’s C.O.R.E? (Bethany UMC’s Youth)
C.O.R.E is our Youth Program for all 5th – 12th graders open to our church youth and to the Clio Community. Our goal is to help our youth build a relationship with Jesus Christ and to be able to live fully-filled spiritual life.
What can you do at C.O.R.E?
We have three rooms that are accessible to the youth during our C.O.R.E meetings.
- Recreation Room
- We have a ping pong table, a pool table, a dartboard, a foosball table and an air hockey table.
- Projector Room
- We recently purchased a Nintendo Switch that our youth can use during their free time.
- Computer Room
- We have 4 computers available for our youth to be able to work on their homework or play games/listen to music during their free time.
- We have a small library that includes some Christian fiction books and some self help books that can help teens with anxiety, self esteem, etc.
- WE have a Wii, XBox 360, and board games as well
- This is also the area where they can work on their homework if they have any.
How are the C.O.R.E. meetings set-up?
- 2:45pm – 3:15pm: Wind Down Time – Projector Room
- We will be starting to set aside some time for the youth to talk about their day, be able to speak some things on their mind in a safe environment, and just get a chance to unwind after a long and tough day at school.
- 3:15pm – 3:45pm: Homework Time – Classroom 2/Computer Room
- Any of our youth that have homework can work on it during this time. If they don’t need a computer, they will go to classroom 2 for a quiet environment to be able to work on it. If they need a computer, they will go to the computer room.
- At 3:30pm we will check with the youth that are working on homework and see how they are doing. If they are doing well and finishing up, they can go to the basement to have free time, if they need more time they can work until 3:45pm.
- 3:15pm – 3:45pm – Free Time Youth Areas
- Our youth that have no homework to won have this time to relax and unwind in the Projector Room or Recreation Room.
- 3:45pm – 4:30pm – Lesson Time & Announcements
- Our high schoolers will meet in the prayer room to have a discussion based lesson about the study we are working on (2018-2019 it is Adam Hamilton’s book Unafraid)
- Our junior high schoolers will meet in Classroom 3 for an interactive-based lesson with activities, games, bible reading and much more.